Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trying New Things Thursday

This week I made my first pouch and inserted my first zipper.

012

It was so easy, that I thought I’d better practice putting in that zipper one more time to make sure I could really do it…and I could!  Introducing Pouch #2…

004

I think I like this one even more.  I only had one zipper long enough to make another, and it was red, so I used a pretty red DS Quilts fabric as the lining this time. 

So, two times is a charm…I can sew a zipper!!!! Yay!

Linking this up to Trying New Things Thursday where Melissa also has a new MBS tutorial.  She is so talented!!!

10 comments:

  1. Now that you can rock out the zippers, you have to order a stash from Zipit on etsy. She has the best colors and prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little sheep pouches! Great job on the zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. You did a great job.

    Dona
    sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pouches, well done on those zips! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pouches! And great job with the zippers! I still haven't tried those. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee Skippee for Pouches and Zippers. I remember my first zipper and it did not have postable results. Yours looks fabulous. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love that bright lining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muito bonitos, amei seu blog...Parabéns! Edileny Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, how much do you sell these for?? Teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!