Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My First Pouch {and Zipper}

012

My sister-in-law is an avid knitter, so whenever I see cute sheep fabric, I can’t resist buying it.  Her birthday was earlier this month and I made this pouch that measures 5.5” x 4.5” and tucked a gift card inside.  I love this fabric!  It is Monaluna Bah Bah Black Sheep. 

011

I lined it with a pink wavy grid fabric that I picked up from Fabric.com on sale.  And I used some fusible interfacing to give it a little shape.

008

I had a real duh! moment when making this.  Last time Joanns had a big “Coupon Commotion” sale, I bought a bunch of zippers with the idea that I’d make pencil cases for my daughter and her friends at Christmas.  Well, that didn’t happen (maybe it will by Easter…) and when I pulled out the 6 or 7 zippers I bought, they were all only 4 inches long!!!  I guess I was more concerned picking the color than reading the label.  It said 10 centimeters, not 10 inches.  Ugggghhhh!  What I am going to do with those tiny tiny zippers?

Putting in the zipper wasn’t as complicated as I thought it would be, thanks to a great tutorial I found at So Sew Something.  Making this pouch was so easy, so maybe I will tackle those pencil cases before Easter after all.

4 comments:

  1. Love your pouch, Jamie. You can always make tiny pouches using such short zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is so cute. Great job with the pouch & zipper! Sounds like you have some coin purses becconing. I bet if you make them each a coin purse and put a few coins already in them then the kids friends will LOVE you. Maybe not V's friends though- they'd just eat them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is great! And my daughter would love a little pouch for when she has to remove her jewelry for sports! And I still love coin purses or a place just big enough to hold my drivers license, a tube of lipstick and a $20 dollar bill!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!