Monday, December 31, 2012

A new year!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  It was exciting at our house—Santa left lots of presents under the tree for the girls. 

Someone was especially happy to get her own sewing machine and several books for making doll clothes.

1-IMG_0160

The machine is a Janome DC1050 and it works great.  It is the perfect first machine for a kid or adult.  It’s the most basic computerized Janome.  Bea has already made a quilt and two sundresses that I will share as soon as I take photos.

Christmas included some handmade gifts from an aunt.

1-IMG_0245

Some sweet knitted hats for the girls

1-IMG_0268

And Bea requested a “mysterious” black cape.  She loves it!

Looking back, I sewed a lot more this year than in years past.

1-IMG_0295

And looking forward, we are doing some organizing around the house.  Thank goodness for Ikea!

1-IMG_0290

Have a safe and happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. I love that mysterious black cape. So cute!

    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that little cutie peeking out of the IKEA shelves!

    WOW she already made 2 sundresses and a quilt---she is on her way!!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!