Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Apples and Mugs

 1-027

Have you seen Lori Holt’s Row Along?  There is a Flickr group with some amazing photos.  I love to just scroll through and see what fabrics everyone has chosen.  The fabric I am using is just from my stash.  It is hopefully a good mix of retro and modern fabrics, which is my favorite kind of quilt.  The background fabric is Kona ash.  I’d probably have used white if I had any.

1-029

It was so fun piecing the mugs and apples.  I starched the heck out of everything and I think it really helped reduce any distortion at the seams, which can be a big problem for me sometimes.

1-030

There are 6 rows posted at this point, but I’ve only made 4 so far.  I have loved every moment of this project, from picking the fabrics to the cutting the little one inch blocks to sewing the blocks into beautiful rows.  I’m looking forward to making the butterflies and flying geese over Thanksgiving break.  Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. These are sooo adorable! Don´t know which I like best, the apples or the cocoa cups. I could use them for the hotwaterbottlecovers that I´m making for Christmas. Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really sweet blocks Jamie!! I love the half eaten apples,the leaves and the colors are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to see all of your rows :) They are all so pretty! Have fun with the leaves(posted today),I am hoping to get them done by the weekend. Happy ThanksGiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I haven't heard of this stitch-a-long but I think I will be joining in after the holidays. This looks like a great project to dive into scrappy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking great. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rows look great! Love the fabric choices :-) I'd love to join in! I'm going to look into it since your project is so inspiring, but I've got so many projects going on, and some I want to do.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!! love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!