Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI Results

003

I finished most of the blocks for my Twirling Around quilt using Little Apples, Sherbet Pips, and A Walk in the Woods. 

002

Most of my blocks finished a little bigger than the 8.5” called for so I could trim everything down (yay!), but 5 were too small, so I need remake those five before I can put the top together.

005

I am using the white with light pink square-circles instead of white.  Unfortunately, at night it is a little bit difficult for me to tell what is the right and wrong side.  So while chain piecing I sewed to the wrong side *twice* and had to spend some time with the seam ripper today.

001

Also, I am taking part in two charm swaps this month.  The first is called Over the Rainbow Charm Swap and my color is yellow.  The two fabrics are Half Moon Modern by Moda.  The other swap is called Charm-tastic Color Swap and my color is orange.  I had a yard of the AMH Innocent Crush in my stash, and the other orange is a blender print from the LQS called something like Bear Essentials by P & B Textiles.  It was $11 a yard!  And, I bought another orange print but when I looked it in the car, I nearly fainted because the circles had glitter on them.  There was no way I could use that for the swap, and it was $11 for the yard, too!!!!!The lighting was pretty dim in the store, but I think it was a wake-up call that I need new glasses.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you hate the cost of fabric lately? It's infuriating. Your Aneela quilt sure is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Aneela Hoey fabric! I am working on a quilt with A Walk in the Woods! Too cute! Have you done a charm swap before? I almost joined one but wasn't too sure how it worked, you'll have to let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great results!

    Here quilt shop fabric is EUR 18,- a meter (I still don´t really get the yard measurements so I don´t know if it´s more or less than your fabric but it´s expensive anyways.)

    Orange and glitter! :-) I´m sure you can make something really nice for your girls for next halloween out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!