Tuesday, November 12, 2013

More QAL Progress

1-IMG_3890

These are the blocks Bea and I made for the Penny Patch QAL so far.  We need to have 32 done, so only 14 more to go.  Bea sewed a few, but she preferred doing all the ironing, which made making these blocks really fast.  We had a system down after just a few!

1-IMG_3893

This bird block is my favorite of all of them.  The color scheme of red, white, and blue is probably my favorite.  Hopefully the yellow adds a !pop! of color.

1-IMG_3894

I’m going over my cousin’s house later this week to help her get her blocks done.  I volunteered to do all the ironing and help with pinning, so maybe we could get all 60 of hers done in a few hours? 

Hope you are having a great day!  Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Those are great. And how fun that you and Bea are working together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, these are fantastic blocks. I just love that pop of yellow, it's such a wonderfully unexpected color to add, and it totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely Penny Patch! It's great you're making the 2 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color combo, and the softness of adding the gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking so great. I still need to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another blogger over at Splish Splash is doing the Penny Patch as well. Looks to be a fab time! Love your color scheme going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are some really fun fabrics in here! that bird block with the lotta jansdotter is very cute. =) how fun to be team sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really wonderful blocks. The birds block would be my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The fabric choice matches the nostalgic feel of the quilt so well. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are looking so good!! Such fun fabrics and colours! What a great idea to have someone pinning and ironing for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super way to work on them! I love your birdie block too, as well as the one top left corner (med blue and navy). I haven't started my penny patch yet! But I hope to get somewhere by Christmas with it.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good :)
    I so wish I could convince even one of my daughters to come over and sew with me. I just recently bought 2 more machines. I'm working on talking to my granddaughters to teach them how to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!