Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Two finishes

I finished up two quilts this past week.  The first is this flannel WIP from a few years back.  After a run through the washer and dryer, it looks almost as good as new.

1-035

I think it might be my favorite quilt I’ve made, even though while I was making it I wasn’t sure how I felt about the funky fabrics and bright solids.

1-038

The purple backing and striped binding really make me love it even more.

1-040

The final quilt measures 63 x 78 inches.  It is made from Joann’s flannel and doesn’t have any batting.  It’s a good weight without being too heavy.  In this photo of the binding you can see how I machine attached it with a zig-zag stitch.  I highly recommend this method.

I’ve got another finish from last weekend.  Here is a sneak peak and I’ll be posting about it later this week.

1-029

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday and Quilting by the River.

5 comments:

  1. I think it so much fun to take out the WIPS and get them finished!! Gratification at its finest;) I am leaning toward starting more projects at a time to be able to call them WIPS too. I am weird that way I GUESS!

    I adore your sneakie peek quilt with plus signs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you, Jamie! You totally rock! I love how pretty and bright the flannel quilt is, and a perfect size, too. and that straight line quilting for your Greek Cross looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics, will be nice and cozy in the winter momths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt and I can imagine just how soft and cuddly it must be! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flannel quilt is great! I too just finished a quilt from a while back. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!