Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pets on Quilts

Have you seen this contest?  Pets on Quilts is hosted by Lilypad Quilting and so far, some of the entries are pretty cute!

I am entering two categories.  The first category is “cat on a quilt”…

1-049

That’s Mickey, whom we usually deferentially refer to as the “Prince on a Pillow.”  I was taking photos of some quilts I finished lately and made him pose for this photo.  I’m not sure if you can tell by his expression, but he is not thrilled.  Interestingly, the quilt is fish-themed.

I tried to get a snapshot of two cats on a quilt, but our other cat Oreo was not going to cooperate today.

1-047

Then I also have an entry for “other pet on a quilt”…

1-009

The fish on the bigger bowl on the left is my daughters’ fish, dubbed Featherfin.  The one on the right is a friend’s daughter’s pet we are fish-sitting while they are at Disney.  His name is Sparkle.  Interestingly, they are also on a fish-themed quilt.  This little mat I made specifically for the bowl to sit on the dresser.

I’ll be checking out the pets after the 9th for voting…maybe I’ll see yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!