The weather has been unbearable, and I’m a summer person! We have spent a lot of time at the pool , but most of it in the air conditioning. So Bea finished sewing her quilt (made with 8 inch squares) and we decided to tie it. This was my first time tying a quilt, too, so it was a learning experience for both of us. We used craft floss for tying.
It was great practice for a six year old who doesn’t know how to tie shoes yet! We opted to use some light pink flannel solid from my stash for the back and didn’t put in any batting to make it ultra light. Maybe the weather was getting the best of us. She can’t wait to put on the binding so she can post a photo of it to my blog.
Oh, and I did state that I would make Friday a special day by posting some of my thrift store “finds.” Here is where I keep most of my thread.
It’s an old printer’s drawer. The handle is up top. It held characters that aren’t all part of the English alphabet‘
Since I painted my sewing room, it’s attached a little differently to the wall. My husband drilled a big ol’ hole right through the middle of it. I guess he didn’t understand that I thought it was kind of antique-y and not to be altered. Oh well, it still is cool and holds a lot of thread (not quite enough as it is, though). But for $5, I sure do like looking at it on the wall.