Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Quilt Finish 2012

070

I finally got around to taking photos of the first UFO quilt I have completed this year.  You may recognize it from the Charmed Prints Quilt Along from December.  I finished the quilt top and had it basted, but I just didn’t get around to quilting it until the hecticness of the holidays wore off. 

060

Esther really liked the heart fabric I used in one of the featured blocks on the front, so I used the remainder to make a strip of hearts across the back and put two extra blocks on it, too.

063

I framed another one of my Spoonflower labels for the back.

065

This is the first time I’ve done “organic straight line quilting” and I am extremely pleased with how it turned out.  I used a mid-loft polyester batting which I pretty much detest, but it was pretty easy to do the straight line quilting without getting many tucks or wrinkles.

  067

After washing and drying it, Esther and Veronica had a birthday party for their stuffed animals on it.

002

On account of trying straight line quilting for the first time, I am linking up to Happy Quilting’s Trying New Things Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. I love your quilting! And those two cute patooties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, Jamie. I love how it turned out, and the quilting is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! And what a fun use for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the quilting as well as the quilt looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! THat is one beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!