Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An Auspicious Start to Kindergarten and Sugar Creek Surprise!

So, yesterday, as we were walking out the door to head to my daughter's kindergarten orientation, an earthquake shook our house!  We were walking through the garage and I heard the bricks and mortar in our chimney crunching as various lawn implements that were hanging from hooks in the garage started swaying.  Whoa!!!  What is even more amazing is that the epicenter was in Mineral, VA.  Who has ever heard of that place?  Me!  My parents live in that very zip code on Lake Anna.  They've owned a lake house there since I was in high school and formally retired there several years ago.  Everyone is okay (there is a nuclear power plant on the lake), but it sure was an interesting chain of events--is the universe telling us that the world is going to be rocked by my super-wonderful daughter? 

Here she is checking out her new classroom.

And, in a stroke of luck, we happened to be dining out Sunday night next to Joanns, and lookie what I found:


I am kind of curious to see how people review these fabrics.  The lady who cut the fabric had to remove two sections that had pulls in the weave and I thought overall it was less soft, thick, and satiny compared to the first line of fabric.  But that's just me...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had no damage! I fell asleep while sunning on the deck, and the swaying woke me up. Good Luck to Miss Kindergarten!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really notice a difference between the earlier line and this one. I really want the red colorway, but my Joann's didn't have it. Hopefully they will in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!