Well I didn’t get much accomplished on Friday night or this weekend at all for that matter. #1 daughter didn’t go to bed until 9:15 on Friday night, and Mr. BBQ had to work Saturday. I haven’t had a chance to work on my sil’s sheep quilt yet, but I did finish up my blocks for the EQ July block challenge. After making my first block (and it turned out horribly), I ended up making 4 more:
None are by any means perfect, but I certainly improved with practice. My favorite is this one:
It was good practice making these since my Farmer’s Wife book arrived this past Tuesday. Without making my Block Swap Adventure blocks and doing the EQ challenges, I probably would quit making the FW blocks after my first disappointment, but remaking these blocks a couple of times has given me experience piecing a bunch of triangles—something I hadn’t done before.