Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fall Tumbler Quilt

 I saw this quilt over at Cluck Cluck Sew last December and really wanted to make one like it.  But I was 9+ months pregnant at the time and not motivated to cut out a gazillion tumbler blocks.  I had barely enough energy to stay up after my two girls went to bed and watch old reruns of Law and Order and eat Bruster's ice cream:)

Since I saw Allison's quilt, I started collecting some fabrics I thought would look good in a similar quilt.  I've picked up a few fat quarters here and there and then last week I bought some 1/2 yards on sale at fabric.com and a few on Etsy.  I think I've accumulated just the right mixture of colors and scale to make this quilt beautiful.  Here's what I ended up with:



These fabrics were a departure for me.  I am partial to buying all the fabric in a quilt from the same manufacturer and line.  I've never used Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, or the Japanese imports before.  My kids and I laid out all the blocks this morning and I am hoping to have it pieced by the end of tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice selection of fabric. Good job on getting out of your comfort zone!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to try a quilt pattern like that. Had templates made and everything still have not started. Love the fabrics you choose.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!