Saturday, February 26, 2011

The dreaded stomach bug has struck our house.  At first it was just the kids, which gave me way too much time to surf the internet while they watched movies (God bless Disney!) and took it easy.  I found myself back at Quilttaffy looking for some Kona solid aqua and I, of course, found plenty more that I really needed.  Waiting for it to come in the mail is no problem because now I am sick and can barely muster the energy to get off the couch to move let alone sew anything.

Before I got sick I started fooling around with these Alexander Henry Farmdale prints I had to have.  My mom has 4 laying hens and my sister, who lives in Maine, has around 40 chickens.  Anytime I see a cute chicken print I can't resist.  The plan was to make potholders and a coordinating tablerunner for each household.   First I started by cutting 3 inch strips, then I played with them for a while trying to figure out the best way to display the directional prints, and so I decided on log cabin blocks.  I experimented even though my Kona aqua and ash hadn't arrived yet, and I plan to make that block the front of a pillow for my sister's couch.



1 comment:

  1. I just found you on the Fabric Junkie. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Your Farmdale fabric is so cute. Glad I came to visit. Hope you are well soon. I will be back soon.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!