Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Unfinished Projects




My husband is super-impressed that I've been cleaning up all my crafting stuff around the house and finishing a million projects I started this summer.  Must be that nesting instinct!  So I finally finished this toddler size quilt for a friend to gift to a friend.  It's for a family who loves giraffes, so they should get their fill with this quilt:)  I love how poofy the quilt is.  I've never quilted with polyester batting before and I have to say it was relatively easy.  Except for the bulk, even with a toddler size quilt.  All in all, though, I think it turned out nicely.  And since I have two super gigantic rolls of this batting courtesy of a friend who is a professional long-arm quilter and decided she hated it and passed it along to me, I'll be using it!


Now I am moving on to a denim rag quilt I made for my mother for Mother's Day (yes...month's ago) that I never got around to trimming up after washing.  I will be spending a few hours in front of the tube tonight getting it ready to finally give to her tomorrow when she visits to take Bea to see Secretariat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!