Are your scraps out of control? This past week I found myself with some time on my hands and I decided to start using them up or cutting them into usable sizes for future projects. Starting with cream/white, I cut 2.5” and 3.5” squares, and then used the leftovers to piece some improv slabs.
You can see I also did a few dark gray/black blocks too. I had no idea how good this was going to look until I started laying out the blocks and took the photo. I made a serious dent in the lighter scraps, but still have tons of other scraps to work through…
I’m thinking of focusing on aqua and orange for the other blocks to include in the quilt with the cream and dark gray. What do you think? Maybe lime green, too.
I also finished up quilting my nested churn dash wall hanging. It is not perfect by any means, but I’m really happy with how it turned out.
I did not follow Angela Walters’s advice to use thread that will blend. Instead I used what I had, which was light aqua and highly contrasted with the charcoal fabric. I really need to work on either starting and stopping more unnoticeably or learn how to bury my threads…
My regular sewing machine was having issues again and is in the shop (it went in the day after I finished my Michael Miller challenge quilt), so I’ve been using my daughter’s Janome in the interim. The binding on this wallhanging will have to wait a while because my daughter’s machine doesn’t have a walking foot, a necessity for machine binding!
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!