Earlier in the year I won this copy of Lori Holt’s book on Red Pepper Quilts.
I like a lot of the patterns in this book and I’m happy to have it as part of my home library. In January we remodeled our bedroom, and sadly our dresser has been “decorated” with an old bath towel on top to protect the surface from the TV and other electronics stored there.
But that’s all about to change!
I’ve been planning this tablerunner in my mind for several months, knowing I wanted to choose fabrics that would look sophisticated and pop out against a black background. Slowly I built up a pile of potential fabrics and this past weekend I finally started cutting the squares.
The cream is Essex linen, and a lot of the fabrics are scraps, hooray! The first seven blocks are sewn and squared up, just seven more to go. The squares finish at 1” and it takes me about 75 minutes to sew one (already cut) from start to end, so this is all I’ve been working on the past four nights.
Hopefully I will have a finish to share soon!