Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Workin’ on the chain gang…

That song just popped into my head when I was taking photos of the most recent blocks I finished for my Tone It Down quilt.

photo (7)

Last time I took photos to share on my blog, I had 8 blocks completed.  Now there are 12!  I’m not so sure I can live with the blocks that are more o than x.  Please tell me it’s okay.  I am going to cut the rest of the fabric for the last 8 blocks today.  I was thinking of trying to make the rest kind of like the 4th one from the left on the bottom row.  Both x and o?

photo (3)

The star fabric is from one of Juliana Horner’s collections at Joann’s.

photo (8)

So is this gray and black check.  Both were perfect for a manly quilt.

Not a lot of sewing has been going on here.  It has been incredibly busy but hopefully will settle down in about a month.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Fort Worth Fabric Studio on Friday.

13 comments:

  1. I like the mix of subtle and obvious x and o's. If you make some more like the one you pointed to I think it'll have a nice balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these blocks Jamie. This will be an amazing quilt. You're tempting me to start a second one of these. Love all the fabric you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look wonderful to me! I wish I would have done pattern too! It's amazing. I wasn't even sure what you meant by X's and O's at first. I think I know what you mean now. Which is dominant in the block? I like the mix of both

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mix you are using. This mix gives your quilt such a nice vintage feeling while it is still looking modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are looking wonderful!! I think the mix works really well. Having different dominant parts in the blocks will give the the quilt movement and catch your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the x and o's. Your blocks look great my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix too - I think it adds an extra level of interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the mix, it is manly, but still very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them all. Don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks look great Jamie! I didn't know that Juliana Horner had a collection out. I'll have to see if my Joanns is carrying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of them, Jamie! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look lovely Jamie, you are doing a great job! :) Can't wait to see it finished!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the mix of both. This is going to be such a beautiful quilt- great job!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!