Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pink Lemonade

   1-IMG_1138

Melissa of Happy Quilting is hosting a Starburst Quilt Along that ends in a few short weeks. That this quilt has been challenging for me would be an understatement.  Melissa’s tutorials and directions have been clear and well written.  I think this is just my first quilt that I’ve had to follow the directions exactly and that’s where I have a little trouble…and of course picking the appropriate fabrics is always hard.

1-IMG_1154-001

I ended up having to go with scrappy star centers because I made a few mistakes sewing pieces together.  I was short enough fabric to fix the problem, so I just decided to go scrappy.  It worked out to my advantage though because I had cut 3 green stars and 1 pink, so I was able to balance them out  and make it 2 and 2.

1-IMG_1155

Then the adventure began when I put the blocks together and I realized the burst points were unbalanced, too. So I scrapped one of the blocks and remade it.  The top is complete and once the weather cooperates, I’ll take some photos.

If you have a moment, you should check out the Starburst gallery on Flickr.  There are some real beauties!

6 comments:

  1. So so beautiful! Love star blocks the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, these blocks look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Camille Roskelley's pattern she did awhile back. There was a lot of cutting and of course sewing. It can be tedious so I can relate to that sentiment! They look really pretty in the end!! You did it! lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look beautiful Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picking the right colors is always the hardest thing for me! You did a lovely job,the blocks are all pretty :0) I would go look,but then I would be tempted to start another project...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!