Melissa of Happy Quilting is hosting a Starburst Quilt Along that ends in a few short weeks. That this quilt has been challenging for me would be an understatement. Melissa’s tutorials and directions have been clear and well written. I think this is just my first quilt that I’ve had to follow the directions exactly and that’s where I have a little trouble…and of course picking the appropriate fabrics is always hard.
I ended up having to go with scrappy star centers because I made a few mistakes sewing pieces together. I was short enough fabric to fix the problem, so I just decided to go scrappy. It worked out to my advantage though because I had cut 3 green stars and 1 pink, so I was able to balance them out and make it 2 and 2.
Then the adventure began when I put the blocks together and I realized the burst points were unbalanced, too. So I scrapped one of the blocks and remade it. The top is complete and once the weather cooperates, I’ll take some photos.
If you have a moment, you should check out the Starburst gallery on Flickr. There are some real beauties!