I finished up Esther’s witch costume over the weekend.
I did say I was going to use the Urban Prairie pattern, but when I opened up the envelope I nearly fainted because there was tissue paper in there! So, I pulled out my trusty Pink Poodle Bows Reese Peasant Dress Pattern and just used that instead. They are basically the same type of dress and I’ve made quite a few from this pattern, so I am happy with the results and I didn’t have to worry about the “bodices” and so forth that make me sweat.
The fabric is mostly Costume Club I think. The hat, tights, and broom are from Joanns and I made three roses for the hat from scraps so it’s totally matchy-matchy.
I have a brilliant idea to use a pair of Bea’s old ballet flats to make glow-in-the-dark shoes for Esther. I also sewed Bea’s costume and will share a pic of everyone dressed up when we go trick-or-treating. I’m posting this dress in Elsie Marley’s Kid’s Clothes Week Challenge. I don’t sew many clothes, but I’m hoping Esther wears this dress around a lot for the next two weeks.
Here are all the squares cut out for my newest quilt. I’m going with red, white, and blue, which is a color combo hopefully you can never go wrong with! Here are all my blocks cut out.
A few weeks ago for my birthday I got a new cutting mat. I really love this Fiskars mat because the light color makes the fabric stand out when cutting. Colors seemed to blend with the dark green color of my old cutting mat, making it hard to accurately cut at night which is when I have time to sew.
Don’t’ forget to enter my giveaway here. I’ll announce the winner Sunday night.