Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

107

I don’t normally link up to this since I am never organized to have a blog post on a Wednesday, but I just finished up my Colorblock quilt last night and wanted to share a few pics.  The finished size for me was 40.5” x 55” exactly, which is the perfect size for Veronica.

110

I am going to use this quilt as my entry for the My Precious Quilt A long.  If you haven’t seen this on another blog, you should check it out.  You don’t have to make a quilt for an entry (pretty much anything sewn is fine), and the fabric doesn’t necessarily have to be HTF, just special to you.

This quilt is made from DS Quilts fabrics that I have been collecting and some Hello Pilgrim prints.  I bought a Hello Pilgrim fat quarter bundle recently, and after using up most of the butterfly prints for this quilt, I ordered a half yard of the dark blue and aqua butterflies to replace the ones I used.  Not the best practice if you’re trying to use up your stash, but I love them so much I don’t ever want to be without!

108

The back is one of my first sewing fabric purchases ever.  It felt good to finally use it (most of it).   I fmq’ed squiggles all over with light aqua thread on the front and back.  Currently my walking foot is out of commission and I need to buy a new one, but the $50 pricetag is holding me back.  Why is it that I *must* buy new fabric, but I can just fmq until I finally get around to purchasing a walking foot???

I can’t wait to look at all the WIPs on Freshly Pieced when the kiddos go to bed tonight.

9 comments:

  1. That looks great! Way to use (and then replace) your stash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, this quilt turned out great, love all these prints together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of these color blocking quilts I'm seeing lately. I find the white sashings just freshen things up so well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt. It turned out beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric choices - looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt - the colours are great together!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!