Friday, February 24, 2012

Ellison Lane Modern Mini Challenge

I finished up another mini quilt last night.  This one measures 18” x 18” and is made mostly with DS Quilts Aunt Edna and some Hope Valley small gray print.  I know some people are sick of gray, but not  me!

019

This pattern was from a 2006 copy of Patchwork Quilting magazine.  I got a bunch of older quilting magazines from a friend, and this little mini caught my eye.  It was really good practice for me.

011

I almost didn’t buy that green houndstooth print when I saw it.  But I’m so glad I did.  I think it looks so pretty with the tomato red color and these little blocks were only 1.5”, so I needed small scale prints.

017

The backing is this great Aunt Edna plaid and the binding is from another DS Quilts line. 

004

I auditioned several prints for the binding, but I’m glad I went with the red and white stripe. 

001

Even the new cat approved!  I am entering this mini quilt in the Ellison Lane Modern Mini challenge.  There are some great prizes, and I picked fabrics that I thought my husband would approve of, hoping her husband likes them too!  His pick wins a $100 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop and I could put that to good use!

I am linking up this finish to Crazy Mom Quilts.

11 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Wouldn't we all be able to put a Fat Quarter Shop gift certificate to good use?!? You quilt is very nice, and I'm pleased to see that it's cat approved. But aren't all quilts? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mini, Jamie. The colors are so pretty, I really can't get sick of gray, it's still my favorite go to color. Great strategy for making your mini guy appealing. And, adorable kitty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and love the fabrics/colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie Lee, congrats on getting this mini done! You are ahead of schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No quilt is complete until it is approved by a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mini! Love the color combo. And your cat is a real beauty, too. Love that pic! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling mini quilt and the gray looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this in the DS group on flickr the other day and thought how great it would be for this contest. It's really lovely! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute mini. Love DS! Thanks so much for entering the Modern Mini Challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the vintage look it has with the DS fabric! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Some days the only adult I talk to is my husband...help him keep his sanity by leaving a comment so I have another adult to talk sewing with:) I will make sure to reply!