I picked up some lillies at the last auction for $2 a pot:
But they didn't quite get planted in time before they were destroyed by Esther! In her defense, the Jeep was in reverse and she didn't realize it until too late.
I did find time this weekend between the new Cars movie debut and Bea's dance recital to finish sewing the binding on my fall tumbler quilt. It turned out nicer than I had hoped, and I really love it. I can't wait to snuggle under it this fall!
I also crossed another goal off my 2011 quilty resolution list...a pieced back. It was easier than I expected to put together and I'm quite pleased with the results, although I forgot about a piece of fabric I wanted to use and instead used the yellow print. The yellow isn't my favorite fabric, but it looks okay. I think the fabric I had picked out would have been better, but what's done is done!
And here is a close-up of the fabric labels I had printed at Spoonflower. I framed it with the same fabric I used for binding.
And I also finally finished Bea's Bambi quilt. It was waiting patiently for me to clip all the thread tails off the back from the free motion quilting leaves I quilted all over (I really quilted the heck out of this one!) and finish the binding. It is ready to be used!!! I think Bea is happy with it. I bought all the fabrics at Over the Rainbow online.